Provide onsite Technical assistance to troubleshoot APEC equipment and controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Customer-Site service to customers,(present and future). About 80% travel
- Resolve customer issues relating to equipment performance, application and operation. – Ensure the customer issues are addressed in any phase of the use, operation, support and/or repair of their equipment by
- Ensure the customer/user is familiar with the APEC Warranty & Service policies, method of obtaining -Customer-Site service, parts or technical assistance & 24-Hour on line technical support.
- Read, digest and apply all documentation/instructions related to APEC products, Change Notes, System upgrades.
- Act as APEC’s Customer-Site technical representative in discussions with OEM/Customer Project and Maintenance Engineers where applicable.
- Be familiar with and understand product movement and presentation.
- Complete accurately, and submit on time, all documentation (i.e. Worksheet, Inspection Sheets, Timesheet, Expense Reports).
- Assume Telephone Support duties when “On-Call” at home location.
- Report to Service Manager about the status of the service calls and startup projects.
- Assist Electrical when not on customer site.
Have completed a minimum of two (2) years service in industry as a Technician/Installer/Field Service Representative (Technical). Be able to read, write and verbally communicate (clearly) in English. Some Electrical experience, some Mechanical experience. Must be able to read and interpret circuit diagrams and manufacturing drawings. Must have operated test equipment on a regular basis (Multi-meter, Oscilloscope, Tachometer). Be able to use a soldering iron, solder extraction materials and tools. Be familiar with and understand Motor drives and controls.
Education Requirements: Computer literate (MS Office, e-mail & Internet). Possess valid driver’s license and have or be able to obtain a valid Passport. Formal Technical education at either recognized institute or branch military, have graduated High school.
Other Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of basic electrical wiring practices. Good verbal and written skills. Willingness be on call after hours and weekends. Work with little supervision and highly self motivated. Ability to read and write a second language a big plus.
How to apply
1. Complete Our Application Form
Completed PDF applications along with resume can be submitted to Keather Winslow, HR.
2. Submit Your Application
Completed applications along with resume can be submitted to Keather Winslow, HR.
By Email (Scanned copy):
Automated Process Equipment Corporation
Attention: Keather Winslow
1201 N. Fourth Avenue.
Lake Odessa, MI 48849
Attention Keather Winslow