Horizontal Ribbon Mixer
The Horizontal Ribbon Mixer Advantage
The Automated Process Equipment Corporation’s (APEC) Horizontal Ribbon Mixer has been installed and utilized successfully worldwide in an expansive variety of industrial applications. It has been employed in the processing of animal feed, pet food, powdered drink mix, polyester resin, vitamin pre-mixes, and mineral pre-mixes, to name a few.
Our innovative and quality-minded design provides heavy-duty construction in a mild or stainless steel assembly, ensuring strength and durability.
We take great pride in our ribbon mixer’s dependable delivery of a complete and gentle blending of ingredients.
Ribbon Mixer Product Details
- A Double ribbon agitator mounted with solid spokes to a solid center shaft
- Shaft sizes range from 2-1/4” to 6” in diameter
- Shaft mount reducer eliminates the chain and sprocket arrangements found on other mixers, and simplifies maintenance
- Drive sizes range from 3 to 60 HP
- All mixers are constructed with a 3/16” or 1/4” thick tub and 1/4” or 3/8” end plates
- All mixers use ball bearing flange or spherical roller bearings to support the main shaft
- Full length drop bottom (pneumatically actuated)
- Standard pneumatic-end slide gate
- Optional center-pneumatic slide gate
- Mild or stainless steel discharge surge
- 50 Hz motors
- Explosion-proof motors
- Mild or stainless steel liquid sparger bar
- Load cell weighing assemblies
- Discharge conveyor
With such a strong foundation of standard features available, and such a wide variety of sizes, capacities, discharges options, finishes, and additional custom options, APEC is confident that we can fit your operations with a horizontal ribbon mixer that will integrate smoothly into your business’s unique circumstances.
Horizontal Ribbon Mixer Case Study
Customer: West Michigan Automotive Raw Material Supplier
Industry: Automotive Raw Material Supplier
Problem or goal: This customer uses horizontal ribbon mixers to apply liquid oil to plastic pellets. The finished material is then shipped to various suppliers as raw material used in plastic part extrusion. The nature of their business, along with trying to maintain margins, lead them to invest in used machinery. Due to this business plan they experienced frequent downtime due to the mixer agitator and/or shafts breaking. The customer approached APEC with their requirement for a robust horizontal ribbon mixer that would not experience breakdowns or problems. They insisted on 5-year warranty on the ribbon and shaft. Any breakage or issues during that 5-year period would result in APEC having to supply a new assembly free of charge.
What APEC provided: APEC redesigned the standard 3-ton mixer ribbon assembly to include a heavy-duty drive shaft, thicker ribbon flighting, larger diameter posts and gussets for the posts.
How we solved their Issue/met their goal: The improved design has allowed this manufacturer to run trouble free since 2007 with no downtime reported.
or call us at (616) 374-1000
Request Horizontal Ribbon Mixer Information
Do you have a question about our Horizontal Ribbon Mixer? Fill out the form below
and we will respond to your inquiry promptly to provide more information.