Weighing and Batching Systems
Weighing and Batching Success
Here at APEC, we can offer weighing and batching systems to fit your specific needs. Because we don’t specialize in a single piece of equipment and design our equipment for each customer we can offer a complete system with a single point of responsibility.
Weighing and Batching System Solutions
When you combine our APEC bulk bag unloader with the superior weighing technology offered by our Micro Ingredient Scales, the reliability of our horizontal ribbon Batch Mixer and our user friendly automation, you have the recipe for your proccesing success.
The APEC Bulk Bag Unloader is designed to accommodate standard width bags with capacities of 300kg’s and higher. They can be integrated with the APEC micro ingredient scale or may be used as a “Stand Alone” unit and features:
• Bag Lift Rack For Forklift Loading
• Adjustable Top Frame
• Pneumatic Bag Agitators
• Stainless Steel Cylindrical Bag Spout Enclosure With Iris Valve Provides An Enclosed Area For Untying The Bag
• 3” Diameter Connection Point For Customer Supplied Dust Collection Hook-up
APEC offers three different options for Micro Ingredient Scaling. There is the traditional hand-add unit, the APEC Micro Ingredient Scale available with six or more bins and available in a bin cluster or walk between configuration. APEC has recently added the HD Micro Ingredient Scale to their list of available products. The HD Micro boasts high capacity weighing that is gram accurate.
The APEC horizontal ribbon batch mixer has been installed world-wide in a variety of applications including animal feed, pet food, powdered drink mix, polyester resin, vitamin premixes, and mineral premixes. The APEC horizontal ribbon mixer uses a double ribbon agitator mounted with solid spokes to a solid center shaft. Shaft sizes range from 2-1/4” to 6” in diameter.
The BatchBox Batch Control System Process
To begin an operation once you have entered the program, the BatchBox will ask the operator a series of standard questions. It will ask for the number of scales, the number of metered liquids, ingredients, and mixers.
Once these questions are answered, the BatchBox will automatically set up the graphic screen and I/O with the correct configuration.
If the system changes in the future, then the operator simply repeats the interview process and the HMI is automatically configured again; a simple process that can be repeated as necessary, and as many times as required.
The BatchBox was developed to adapt to the future in a way that most other systems simply aren’t.
BatchBox Product Details
- Dimensions L36” W 30” D10”
- Weight 50 lbs.
- Enclosure NEMA4/12 or NEMA 4X
- Mounting wall hanging
- Power consumption 10A@120vac
- Power requirements 15A@120vac
- I/O Allen Bradly Compact Logix, Flex I/O
- I/O Communications Device Net
- Processor Pentium Industrial
- LAN 2 X 10/100T RJ-45
- Storage flash drive
- Temperature range 14-140 F
- Operator interface touch screen or keyboard and mouse
- Scale Interface Serial for most brands
- Number of scales 2+
- Number of metered LIQ 4+
- Number of ingredients 40+
- Number of formulas unlimited
- Speed control device net to VFD
- Control modes automatic and manual on screen
- Diagnostics on screen
- Reports include ingredients, formulas, inventory, production, and alarms with time and date stamp
Upgrade to the BatchBox for your Batch Control System
Learn more about the BatchBox Integrated Batch Controller and how it measures up to other batch control systems. Find out how it might help you improve your business, request a quote, or simply request more information.
or call us at (616) 374-1000